The roku streaming device allows the users to find, browse and play the content of their choice from the media servers on the local network as well as a USB drive. Thus, it happens that the users are able to watch video on their roku TV but unable to hear the sound. So, for them here in this section we have provided the ways to troubleshoot the roku streaming stick issue. Mainly this problem states that the device is not connected to the TV properly. So, carefully check the connection between the TV and the streaming device.
Through the roku streaming stick, users can easily play video content from a vast range of safe and secure streaming source. The streaming device is best, unless and until the user face roku no sound problem. In case, if there is any user who is not able to hear sound or there is No audio with the roku player, then there is nothing to worry about. This is a quite normal problem faced by the users. But, the No Audio problem is easy to resolve. Thus, those who are facing the no audio issue with the roku streaming stick, for them the details provided below would be helpful.
Methods to fix Roku Streaming stick No Audio problem
At a particular point of time it happens that the users face audio issue. The users, who are not facing the audio problem or are not able to hear audio, then make use of these steps to get rid of the roku streaming stick audio issue.
Disconnect and Re-connect all cables
The first and the foremost method that one must try is to disconnect and reconnect all the cables and even the power cable. So, for that follow the steps as mentioned below.
- Go to the Home page, by pressing the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Now with the help of the up and down button on the remote, search for the “settings” option.
- Then, click on the “Audio” option.
- After this, choose the “Audio mode to Stereo”.
- Then finally, choose “HDMI to PCM-Stereo” option.
Connect roku device and AVR or sound bar via optical cable
The roku streaming stick has an optical port and is connected with an optical cable, thus try to change the audio mode to the Dolby digital. So, to perform the task, follow the steps provided below.
- First of all, go to the Home page by pressing the Home button on the roku remote.
- Then through the up and down button on the roku remote, search for the setting option.
- Then click on the Audio option.
- Finally, select “HDMI and S/PDIF” to “Dolby D”.
- When trying to play surround sound, the media player has no sound
- If there is no audio when trying to play any content in the surround sound, then it could be possible that the TV or AVR does not support the file format used by the content provider.
- So, scroll down and check the steps to fix the roku com no audio issue.
- In the beginning, press the home button on the roku remote and go to the home page.
- Then, go to the settings option with the help of the up and own keys on the roku remote.
- Then tap on the Audio option.
- After this, choose “Audio mode to stereo” option.
- Now finally select “HDMI to PCM-Stereo” option.
We hope that with the help of these tips, it would have become easy to fix the no audio problem on roku streaming device. So, these all were the methods to resolve the roku streaming device no audio issue. In case, if there is any user who still have queries, then avail immediate help from the roku experts.