If Roku remote is not working, then there could be several reasons behind the issue. Some might be simple, or some might be complex to resolve the problem. So in this post, we have explained the ways to troubleshoot the Roku streaming stick not working issue.
Through the Roku streaming device, one can watch thousands of movies and Television Episodes at their home through both paid and free channel service. The Roku device comes with remote control. But, it happens that the user faces the remote not working issue. Therefore, if the Roku remote is not working, then, there are several ways to execute the Roku activation device issue.
If any user plans to watch a movie or stream TV shows on their Roku TV and they encounter Roku remote not working problem, then don’t worry because many errors come with the Roku remote. So, for all victims, we are going to share the troubleshooting steps to fix the Roku streaming stick issue.
Steps to resolve Roku remote not working issue
There are many ways to solve the Roku streaming stick remote not working problem. Thus, we have here discussed the easy and straightforward step to deal with the issue. First of all, all users need to find what kind of remote they are using. Either the Roku activation device comes with a slandered IR remote that must be directly pointed to the Roku device. Or an enhanced Roku remote that connects over a Wi-Fi network and works whenever the user point towards the TV.
Common troubleshooting techniques
- Try to reboot the Roku box or remove the streaming stick from the TV.
- After this, give it a minute and then reconnect it again.
- Now, remove the batteries from the remote, leave them out for a second or replace them and then retest.
- Change the remote batteries
- If the Roku model plugs directly into the HDMI port, then try to remove the port and replace it.
- If the Roku model plugs directly into the HDMI port, then try using an extender cable to connect it with the TV instead of connecting it directly.
Techniques to fix standard infrared Roku remotes
- For sending signals to the device, the standard Roku remote makes use of an infrared beam. In case if the above-discussed step does not work, then try the following steps.
- Point the remote towards the Roku box and then press the button.
- Then watch the front of the box while doing so.
- If the light status flash as the infrared command sees the box, then the remote is functioning, and the fault is with the box.
- In case, if the status light does not flash, then the issue is with the remote.
- After this, check line of sight from the remote to box. Thus, for proper functioning, the infrared signals require an unobstructed line of sight.
- Then, make sure and place the remote directly in front of the box and press the button.
- If the batteries are low but are not empty, then the strength of the beam may not be strong enough to reach the box. So, prefer changing the batteries to get the remote works properly.
- Apart from this, the users suggested making use of the mobile app.
So, the complete guide was on Roku streaming device not working issue. We hope that through the steps provided above, it has become easy for all users to get rid of the Roku streaming stick remote not working issue. In case, if after trying the steps, the problem remains the same, then feel free to take help from the well-trained team of Roku.